Thursday, February 25, 2010

Warmth; it all started two years ago.


We're nearing the two-year mark in our relationship.

Feb. 26 FR came to my house to find out who I was. I had the bio-data.

Three weeks from there, we took our vows and held off on the wedding for three months of preparation.

My husband is sitting at his large brown wooden desk, with his left hand on his chin as he examines the data on his black Acer desktop computer. His blue shirt with minimal pink-stripped shirt rests upon his 130 lb. figure.

He smiles.

I am sitting across him on my Dell Inspiron laptop, wearing a red traditional salwar kamiz (which looks like a long dress with matching pants) and a yellow scarf.

We are older, more mature and in two worlds.

As he punches in figures, I write words; an accountant and a journalist.

With kids, family, work and school there's little wiggle space for us. And yet we are here in the same office room where we work and share the warmth in our hearts.

3 comments:

MarjnHomer said...

aww I hope he got you something...

Nargis said...

Doubt it. At least he remembers our anniversary, and the day we met.

Guess that's enough.

Nargis said...

But then again, never assume.