Monday, March 1, 2010

Blurbs.

(Google images)


New Baby

The 6 lb. 2 oz. newborn moves his head from side to side, peering at his new room, although he can barely see.

His mother lays next to him, stiff with pain. Her feet are swollen. She's in the hospital again.

The newborn tags along for his first ride since his trip home on Thursday.

Husband

The hours never end. From 8-5, from 6-10. Counting, waiting, sometimes ignoring, I spend my days.

I sit in the other room doing my assignment, baby on my lap sleeping or eating, while I try to multitask.

Today I avoided the dishes in the kitchen sink. I cut my finger and it stings. Forget formalities.

Naturalization

Naturally the naturalization process for U.S. citizenship is hard to pass, especially if English is not your language. Tomorrow my mother-in-law is going for her interview.

Hope it goes well, the officers aren't rude and she is able to recall some the answers.

Busy

Of course I knew people would be coming over after the baby came home. I knew they'd come when I least expected or wanted them to.

So how do you say, "Please don't come over." Or, "I have homework and I can't do it while you're here," either because it's rude or "I can't concentrate with a handful of people walking around my house."

Neither can I feed my baby, eat in front of other people without offering food, make tea, and conduct an interview at the same time.

I need to get things done.

3 comments:

MarjnHomer said...

inshallah you'll get things done. just breathe. and try to concentrate on one thing til its done then move on..you'll prob get more done like that

MarjnHomer said...

i envy you that you're so busy

Artistic Logic said...

i remember days like taht when i had exams and papers and people would come over. just keep your cool and treat it like an important task you have to get through. Allah will help you.