Monday, May 12, 2014

The Heart

It takes one to know one
Perhaps that is why
He has placed me in great danger
Placed me in harm.

When I placed complete surrender
And laid myself in His arms
He comforted me dearly
And took out the poison from my heart.

Here you are years later
Feeling this tug of war
Something I removed myself away from
Nearly a decade ago.

At the time I doubted myself
Thought I'd never see a brighter day
But His promise is true
To those who see no other way (than the right path).

Dare I say I was scared and worried.
Scarred and bruised too...
yes people will talk
And you will have the blues

But the Feeling of true freedom
 lies with the heart
When the heart crumbles and melts
It gets a new start.

Begin your thoughts in His name
Rather than his...
A new day will come forth
And doubt will go away.

No comments: