I met a man who I tried to walk away from
But he stopped me,
Only to tell me I am subject to Vitamin D deficiency
Cause I wear 'that thing' on me
I was on my way to pray
I didn't know what to say
But I tried to walk away
Before he could ask me to stay
As I returned to my desk
He came like a pest
Dropping off the research mess,
What an instant distress.
All the packet had to say,
Was some people who wore a veil
Were vitamin D deficient, as you may...
Guess, I was wrongly portrayed.
I began to protest,
Saying I surely did detest,
I didn't live in a nest,
And my veil was the best.
He claimed it was cause of the sun
The middle east has more, we have none
And it's the veil that keeps us from the fun
How he doesn't know we do it only for One.
Neither am I from the middle east
Nor do I hang out at the beach
But I know the veil on me,
Isn't the reason to vitamin D deficiency.
I almost felt ashamed,
Could I be blamed?
For following, unfamed,
And denying what he claimed?
But I knew it wasn't true
There wasn't a person that I knew
Who became a part of a crew
That had vitamin D deficiency, too.
And the call to Islam,
Is more important than the harm,
The faithful alarm,
Keeps me covering up my arms...
Little did he know
My beauty continues to grow
Inshallah rewards are in store,
If I cover even more.
- - -
http://www.womentowomen.com/nutritionandweightloss/vitamind.aspx
1 comment:
Your poem was beautiful. I award you with the cute's blog award. pick it up at my site
Post a Comment