High school teachers told us college wasn't the same. We wouldn't get spoon-fed information, homework reminders and we'd have to be responsible for our actions - finally.
But I got stupidly lucky.
Sadly but truly, most teachers were humble and let us turn in things late. They would mark us down but the procrastination and the shumble-fumbled priority list along with a dose of laziness would take over and make me think, "Well why not turn in something late than not at all?"
Consequences.
Since my freshman year I can say I have been given breaks, over and over again. I have been told, warned, reminded "true colors show" and not to procrastinate. I talked to teachers, asked friends for advice, talked to a psychiatrist to avoid a) being late for class and b) stop procrastinating.
I write to-do lists. I got a washboard. I write reminders;, online, on my phone and even on pieces of paper.
I repeat things to myself.
What else can I do?
I noticed one thing that significantly influences my time schedule is whether I pray on time or not. If I do, I have better chances of getting things done or not feeling bad for not.
Although there were strict teachers, which I knew I had to strive harder to avoid being late or not get into extra trouble, the procrastination eventually catches up.
What can I do?
I'm a bad liar but I can think of excuses I make for myself once I get caught up. I'm late.
I was diagnosed with D a few years ago. I have anxiety attacks and high levels of stress, often. But that is not an excuse to not get things done.
I hate being late, making people wait, getting people mad and at the same time I end up doing it. I let myself down.
Sadly I want to be a journalist but I can think of a dozen steps I went wrong, and wasn't on time. Meeting deadlines. I know I don't want a job where I have to constantly update, stress and worry about running around to instantly type up a story. But that's where the market is.
Maybe I should go back to drafting a book about my life. I can write plenty.
1 comment:
do what makes you happy not what you think you should be doing
Post a Comment