Tuesday, December 15, 2009

That's what makes her who she is: important women in my life

She's nearly 64. She likes to cook and can't stand when things aren't clean. If you want to please her, you must do as she wishes, however you can get around it when you need to. She's old. She's young. She's strong. She's loving. She's lovely.

Cooking for her five sons, even if it's at 7 a.m., makes her happy. She will wait altruistically for everyone in the house to eat before she takes a bite. Even then, she will ask whether we did the same, as her example leads.

She's 27. She is daring, curious, ambitious. She takes opportunities by the horns and says no to defeat. She lives, she laughs, she dreams. She doesn't take no for an answer. She has an answer to everything. She's my friend, the person who keeps me in check. She's someone I'll never forget.

She reminds me to be strong, tells me when I'm wrong, and keeps me focused and headstrong. She helps me, trusts me, and gives me a friendship I need.

She's 19. She likes to draw. She is full of sweet. She can't make decisions without consulting everything. She does many things. She is more mature in ways - than me. She can tell the difference between wins and defeats. She laughs hard, has a soft heart, and is balanced even when she falls to her feet.

I've never seen a day that she couldn't pick herself back up. She's determined, strong, optimistic, full of faith, full of life and aware of her hereafter.

She's 37. She takes things easily. She likes to be right, but she has confidence in learning new things. She is understanding, compassionate, rewarding. She's someone you'll miss if you don't see her in a few days. She reminds everyone of someone they know. She brings joy into a room. She always has an answer. She likes to read. She likes to laugh. She likes to be there for everyone for anything.

She's bright, beautiful, helpful, inspiring, wonderful. She's young and fun. She makes it okay when things are going wrong. She's interested in happenings. She's mature, clever and determined to hold things together.

She's 27. She has a beautiful life which she's surrounded with her family and friends. She's inspiring. She's quiet, she's loud. She's silly and proud. She's understanding, mature and optimistic. She has practical solutions for sticky situations. She's a mommy. She's caring, she's daring. She makes it okay to be wrong. She's strong. She writes, she reads. She takes a stab at everything.

She's an older maturer version of what I'd like to be.

She's 20. She's creative. She's imaginative. She's stubborn and silly. She draws the crowd, is happy and loud. She's there for advice. She's mature. She's a kid. She's a part of my past, a little distant from my present and has kept a place for the future. She's beautiful. She's pretty. She's the life of the party.

She's strong, determinded and helpful. She likes a good plate of chicken and potatoes. She's forgetful. She's fashionable. In some ways, she's the opposite of me - or I'm the opposite of her. Sometimes, she's perfect.

Can you guess who's who?

5 comments:

MarjnHomer said...

She's a part of my past, a little distant from my present and has kept a place for the future

I love the above statement. I'm thinking you're referring to you mil and sils but I hope I was one of those women who was 27...:-) cute...

Nargis said...

Yes you were :)

Anonymous said...

64 - I was gonna guess you're grandma BUT Marj is probably more correct - your mil right?

37 - I think it's your mom????

19 - your sister?

The 27 and 20 year olds - no idea. CLUE?

miss youuuuu

Nargis said...

the 27's...one was my bhabi the one I live with and 20 was ruminabegumlol

Anonymous said...

<3 i knew this was u!
awwwwwwwwww. giggggggggggggles.

im flushed with embarassment.