Saturday, February 7, 2009

Marriage...is kinda cool.

One thing I like about being married at a young age is, you're kind of in the middle. Sometimes people will take you seriously and your opinion counts. Other times you are not knowledgeable to understand so you're not held on a tight leash.

That doesn't mean don't try to fit it, just means that your view of the world is kind of different from the last generation.

For example I can go hang out with the women when there's something valuable to learn and stay away when the conversation doesn't apply to me. Or just smile and give guests tea - the stuff I'm bound to know.

When I have homework, I can avoid the conversations about peoples kids doing cute things. I wouldn't have much to contribute to that conversation. But if you have teens and need some tips on how to handle them, I can offer some tips.

I've always been in the middle, when it came to friends and acquaintances. A lot of my friends are younger, many are older. Perfect experience for married women.

Besides the things I have to do...I've learned valuable lessons of patience, respect and perserverance.

No comments: